|Titel||New system for displaying time graphs of metrics|
|Checkmk Edition||Checkmk Raw Edition (CRE)|
|Kompatibilität||Kompatibel - benötigt kein manuelles Eingreifen|
Check_MK now has a new implementation of how metrics time graphs (formerly known as performance graphs or PNP graphs) are being created. Instead of hand crafted PNP templates, templates are now being created by Check_MK's new metrics system.
In the new declaration file share/check_mk/web/plugins/metrics/check_mk.py all names of performance variables are being assigned to units, titles and colors. Graph and Perf-O-Meter definitions both make use of these.
The advantages are:
- Graphs and Perf-O-Meters are much simpler to declare
- Graphs and Perf-O-Meters now share the same color scheme
- Graphs are more streamlined
- It is now much easier to change some general properties of all graphs
- Default graphs are more intelligent
- Future addons that work with metrics data are easier to implement
Note: existing PNP templates have not been removed but still exist and have precedence over the automatically generated ones. But they will not be maintained anymore and no new manual templates will be created by us anymore.