APC Symmetra UPS: Device and Battery States
|Distribution:||official part of Check_MK|
This check monitors some aspects of an APC Symmetra UPS:
- battery status
- output status
- self test
- battery capacity
- battery replace
- battery number batt packs
- battery remaining time
- calibration result
- last diagnostic date
You can configure WARN and CRIT levels for capacity (default: 80, 95 percent).
You can configure the state for calibration (default: OK) and
battery replace (default: WARN) aswell.
The device sends its own state for some metrics (battery, battery replace, output, calibration).
- OK: "normal" (2)
- CRIT: "low" (3), "in fault condition" (4)
- UNKNOWN: "unknown" (1)
Battery replace state:
- OK: "no replacement needed" (1)
- Depending on configuration (default: WARN): "battery needs replacement" (2)
- Depending on configuration (default: OK): "calibration invalid" and
"on line" (2), "on smart boost" (4), "on smart trim" (12)
- CRIT: No calibration in progress and none of the states (2, 4, 12)
- UNKNOWN: None of the states (1-20)
- OK: In all other cases
This check uses the PowerNet-MIB.
One service is created.